How will you style your Airbnb Rental?
When it comes to showcasing your Airbnb to potential guests or tenants, it’s no surprise that a major selling point is a uniquely furnished, smartly styled space that can also accommodate various sizes of groups. As the host, you may find yourself asking things like “How can I design my space to stand out from other listings?”, “What style details lead to more and higher guest ratings and reviews?”, and “What pieces of furniture can I utilize in my rental to best suit large groups?”
iNSPIRE Q takes pride in designing and producing space-saving, multi-use furniture that is both on-trend and detailed with thoughtful touches—an array of items that will feel right at home in your Airbnb rental. By discovering our iNSPIRE Q home furnishings, you may have just uncovered a treasure trove of sharing economy knowledge that room- and space-share insiders- and industry experts are already utilizing.
Check out these three Airbnb hosts who are currently using iNSPIRE Q products throughout their vacation rental spaces. Click through their listings to see how they comfortably furnished each setting in simple, yet attractive ways that could please even the pickiest of lodgers.
Salt Lake City:
In bedroom 3 of this Salt Lake City rental, our Giselle II Metal Bed stands front and center—welcoming guests to a good night’s sleep away from home. This piece is PERFECT for an Airbnb due to its ease of assembly and streamlined elegant styling.
Nestled in the breakfast bar of this spacious Nashville Airbnb home you’ll see our Lennox Velvet Bar-Height Swivel Stools. Not only do these velvet seats give your guests a chic and comfortable spot to dine, but the clear acrylic backs and sleek chrome legs keep the appearance of an airy, open gathering space—avoiding the dreaded cluttered look.
High Point, NC
Want to stay in an Airbnb COMPLETELY furnished with iNSPIRE Q furniture? Say no more! Our own luxury Mid-Century Modern home in High Point, NC is a perfect getaway for a relaxing, slow-paced trip to the furniture capital of the U.S. and demonstrates the impact a host can make when they choose iNSPIRE Q furniture for their rental.
The charming and cozy Hayley Arched Bridge Upholstered Bed is featured in the downstairs bedroom
Our Ashton Grey Fabric Double Sided Sofa seen in the living room is perfect for casual and neutral settings
Check out our styled and comfortable Mendoza Keyhole Counter Height Stools that are being utilized in the kitchen
Thanks to the rise of the sharing economy, wayward travelers now have a lot of options when it comes to vacation home rentals. It may be hard to stand out amongst your neighboring competitors if your space is lacking certain eye-catching, click-getting qualities. So how can you furnish or design your Airbnb rental to stand out from the rest?
1. Help make your guests feel like ‘locals’ by taking style cues from your destination location
Miami has a different feel than Milwaukee, right? Your space should follow the same principle! Style your rental to continue the ‘local feel’ your guests are seeking.
- Each region has its own, unique style and throughout your renters stay, they probably want to be fully emerged in the local culture. Bring the feel of your unique location to life within your setting by choosing appropriate pieces and décor. Decorating in the Midwest? A family-friendly farmhouse style would be your best bet. East coast cottage? Give your rental a relaxed beachy vibe–check out this iNSPIRE Q blog post for specific tips on coastal styling. Renting out a studio in a big, energetic city? Channel those vibes with bold and exciting pieces—we like rich colors, mirrored accents, and sleek modern lines.
- A budding designer’s best bet: Embrace neutral paint colors and classic furniture pieces then introduce cool décor and artwork bought locally (hit up flea markets, farmers markets, and art fairs) throughout the home. What’s the main tourist attraction in your region? Give nod to that in the space—then be sure to give an “insider’s guide” to visiting the landmark and getting around the area.
2. Use large rooms and common areas to your advantage
You have the space…now use it! If you’re lucky enough to be working with a large-scale rental, be sure to place grandiose-scale tables with an array of comfortable seating arrangements in the dining, living, and common areas for large groups or families to gather.
- Are you planning on following a classically styled setting for your large dining area? We recommend an arrangement like our Eleanor 78-inch Oak Table—which seats up to 8 guests.
- Set the vibe first thing by styling your entryway with functional statement pieces like our Sauganash Storage Bench for a look that’s sure to wow your guests—and offer them additional storage AND seating.
- Multiple beds in one room allow you to accommodate even more guests (without taking up additional space). Check out this example bunk bed from iQ Junior—not just for kids when used in a multi-room, group-centric Airbnb listing.
- If you have a nook or empty corner to fill, we also love the idea of a dedicated workspace that allows your guests to conveniently work remotely in your rental.
3. Multifunctional pieces:
Working within a more compact space? Get creative and give the illusion of an increased area. Dual-purpose items are key to focusing on convenience for your guests. Top tip: the more they can get out of your space, the better—and even better reviews! Here are some of our favorite recs for making your rental space as useful as possible:
- Daybeds or the previously mentioned bunk beds are a great asset to accommodate space for extra sleepers—without sacrificing style. Our daybeds and bunk beds usually come with an option of a storage compartment to keep additional pillows, blankets or sheets stowed out of sight or a pull-out trundle for EVEN MORE sleeping space.
- Try incorporating dining tables with leaves or rolling islands within the kitchen so groups and families can easily rearrange the space from open to intimate depending on their needs.
- Bar carts are another mobile addition to your Airbnb and are great for creating a makeshift coffee bar or snack station where you can offer five-star earning perks such as granola bars, tea, and bottled water.
- Don’t leave your guests with standing room only: Create additional seating in your rented space by providing items like convertible ottomans and compact bar stools so each visitor can enjoy their stay with comfort and convenience.
- Ever stay in a hotel without reachable outlets? How in the world do they expect you to keep your phone charged? Don’t leave your guests searching for a charging port, provide one that’s built right into the furniture. We like this bedside table for the bedroom or this side table for the living room.
4. Do it for the ‘gram
- Adding decorative accents like signage, styled knick-knacks and novelty decor items that are specific to your rental’s area are a sure way to inspire your guests to snap pics of their weekend getaway and ensures your listing will be shared across social media. It’s important to remember that your tenants will be visiting your space for a short time. Ensuring their experience in your space is memorable (whether it be a day or a week!) is key to great ratings and word-of-mouth marketing. So why not spruce up your walls, end tables and bookshelves with some embellishments? Completing your vacation rental with items like greenery, decorative pillows, throw blankets and accent mirrors is a sure way to make your guests feel right at home.
- You can also create an entire “photo booth” friendly wall—giving groups a go-to backdrop for that perfect photo op! You know groups celebrating special occasions like bachelor/bachelorette parties, girls trips or birthdays will be all over a fun, funky space dedicated to capturing their party attire and going-out looks.
5. Choose pieces that are easy to assemble
- Focus on hosting and leave the furniture building to iNSPIRE Q! Putting together difficult-to-assemble furniture can be a hassle and time consuming, but luckily, many of our pieces arrive ready to easily assemble. Pro tip: Check out the assembly instructions on our Overstock listings before you purchase to see how much elbow grease it’ll take to get your rental space up and running.
Take a look at our some of our favorite easy-to-assemble iNSPIRE Q products here:
- This Hadley 1-Drawer Mid-Century Wood End Table requires no assembly and is great for resting your drink on or keeping books in an accessible spot
- Try utilizing our Jeremiah Antique Finish Lattice Bed in any room of your rental for a minimalist, yet classic style that’s sure to provide a welcoming vibe
- The Bastian Aniline Leather Sofa is both sophisticated and functional! Place this couch in a large, common area for a cool and comfy place to lounge
- Our Knightsbridge Round Tufted Cocktail Ottoman also requires no assembly and is a plush and comfortable spot for guests to rest their feet
- Our fabulous and modern Marlee Metal Sled Dining Table will look great in glam or bold settings
We hope you enjoy these home-share insider secrets to help you gain search traffic to your Airbnb listing, get travelers clicking, and host memorable stays for your clients. Be sure to share these inspiring tips and tricks with your Airbnb community friends and continue to check out iNSPIRE Q for new, innovative products to fill your rental space.