Branch out from single-use bar cart ideas! This multifunctional home essential can offer hidden functionality for you and your family—all it takes is just a bit of creativity! Thankfully, we’ve come up with 4 fail-proof bar cart uses (and a BONUS bachelor chest idea) that will keep your guests wondering how you managed to decorate the home in a functional AND gorgeous way! Seriously. From a make-shift nightstand to a gift-wrapping station and an upgraded cookie center for Santa (and more!)—we’ve got some great ideas to help you rethink bar cart functionality. Grab a seat and get ready to be inspired this holiday season with these tips straight from the iNSPIRE Q Design Team!
Tip #1: Turn your bar cart into a makeshift nightstand
Last-minute guests and holiday gatherings seem to go hand in hand, don’t they? Thankfully, a bar cart can be used to keep unexpected guests comfortable (even when they’re stuck on the couch!) Here’s how:
- Along with blankets and pillows on your makeshift bed (couch), add a basket with essential toiletries similar to what you would offer if the guest were staying in a spare room: towels, Febreze, lotion, hand sanitizer, and tissues will help them feel right at home without having to ask you where the linen closet is.
- We ‘spruced’ this idea up by adding simple décor elements such as a vase with friendly faux plants, and a clock!
- If you can, adding an empty pitcher, glass, and coaster are great options to ensure your guest can grab some water overnight if they need!
- Go above and beyond by providing a small notebook and pen for your guests during their stay.
This simple setup is a GREAT quick fix for overnight guests in a small apartment (no spare bedroom) or a crowded house! Since our bar cart is mobile, it can travel with your guest to be as near (or far) from their makeshift bed as they please.
Tip 2: Wrap it up with a makeshift gift station!
Get creative and use this idea to suit your needs:
- Use your bar cart to hold wrapping supplies near you while you wrap at a table/upright countertop to keep the clutter off of your workspace!
- Stock up your cart with wrapping paper, tape, ribbons, boxes, gift bags, and tissue paper to keep your gifting essentials close by! Since this cart is mobile, it can travel with you wherever you decide to wrap.
- Your cart can also be used as a ‘travel tray’ to move your gifts from one area of the home to under the tree. Say goodbye to multiple trips and hello to stylish functionality!
Tip #3: Turn your cart into a sweet station!
Leaving a plate of cookies for Santa just got upgraded! Here are some tips to style your cart for Santa (and your guests!):
- We added a bit of flair to the traditional offering of a single plate of cookies by turning a tiered tray into a stylish space to showcase your treats!
- Looking for a trendy way to serve sweets to your guests? Add some subtle holiday décor to your cart (we added a gold wreath!) and use holiday mugs, plates and napkins to transform this simple idea into a fun holiday treat cart!
Tip #4: Have a drink!
Since this is an article about bar cart ideas, here’s a great holiday sangria recipe to serve at a gathering! Check it out:
1 Granny Smith apple
1 Gala Apple
1Cup of fresh cranberries
6 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
1/2 cup of white grape juice
1- 12oz can of club soda
1/2 cup of powder sugar
1. Chop apples into small cubes
2. Place apples, cranberries, and 1 large powder frosted sprig of rosemary in a large glass pitcher.
3. To frost the Rosemary, dampen sprigs. Shake off excess water and roll in powdered sugar
4. Add Wine, 12 oz. of club soda, and 1/2 cup of white grape juice.
5. Stir gently and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Before serving, garnish the wine glasses with a frosted sprig of Rosemary and a few cranberries.
BONUS TIP #5: Turn a bachelor’s chest into a mini bar!
Turn a simple entryway table/dresser into a minibar with these simple tips and tricks from the iNSPIRE Q Design Team:
- We decided to dress this bachelor’s chest up into a classy minibar with a subtle masculine vibe. Our holiday touches such as the gold-accented ornaments, napkins, and cocktail shaker (used to bring out the gold tones naturally found in the chest), as well as subtle touches of winter foliage, add the holiday charm needed to dress up this unique idea.
- Since a bachelor’s chest has drawers, use them to your advantage! We’ve stocked our chest with a bottle opener and various cocktail supplies as well as napkins! Use your imagination to stock your chest with wine stoppers, shot glasses, or coasters!
Love this look? Shop this bachelor’s chest on Overstock.com